Thursday, October 24, 2013

Teacher Assistant

These kinds of jobs keep coming up for me! I guess I am a good etcher, but don't want to be one in the future, maybe college. I have a new job on campus, teacher assistant. I help with a foundations drawing class.

All the students are freshman, and I really like giving them advice on the next four years of their lives. Sometimes younger students don't get how important the foundation drawing classes are, they are the building blocks, the base for any creative job. Most of the students are not in illustration, some are in interior design, automotive design, or advertising design, but all of these majors require drawing skills.
Although they are starting with basic and really... kind of boring still lifes, these create solid understanding of values, line quality, shape, texture, etc.

I help with two classes, mondays and thursdays. I get paid, so thats nice.... and its a nice refresher on the elements and principles of design.

Here are the elements of design, by John Lovett.  http://www.johnlovett.com/test.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact me

Contact me at

delrio_andrea@hotmail.com

with Questions, commissions, and comments.