Thursday, May 31, 2012

2012


Here are some finished paintings I did at school. I only sold $15 at the end of year show, but had about nine oil paintings in the show. I sold a digital painting (cheap because I can print it many times.)  Summer just started again, I hope I get some commissions, I will be working at an art gallery again, so excited! its great to stay in touch with the creative side when out of school. That way I won't be totally lost when I go back to school, to my new major! Illustration. I am a little worried it might not be what I thought, but who knows? Illustration, Fine Art? same thing. 

Not sure if I posted a finished picture of this one? It is my sister. Her staring at the distance, cellphone in hand, sitting and waiting, tell an interesting story for any viewer to make up.
He was such a great model, I enjoyed painting him very much...but I wish I had more time, that white shirt had all kinds of colors on it.
 Mary! a friend who inspires me everyday. Here she is painting (she keeps the coolest sketchbook.) The light comes from behind and it is one my favorite things about this painting, apart from the toys on the floor. Despite all the things behind her, the energy it gives is very calm, with brownish tones and full sunlight. 
 Here is Randa! another great model! she is actually buying this painting, I wish she could have it sooner, I'll have to pick it up when I go back to school in September. I hope it doesn't get ruined in storage! Gosh they make such a big deal about keeping work looking good, and then totally ruin it when the show goes down. 
 I remember critique in class, people said I made her look younger. Hey?! I painted what I saw, and she is buying it. :) I love the hat, her red hair and lips, complement the green, and the shirt? it was just so fun to paint.
 Rick! This painting got me a commission! He was great to paint, I went kind of fast, but tried not to over work it. I even got some folds in  the fabric behind him. 
 I think I learned how to paint skin! yay! I had no clue there were so many colors there. I really had to focus,   really take the time to see, mix the paint, and try to match it up. You can tell the body ended up being more interesting, the face is not bad, but not as good as the rest. That is a mirror on the left by the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact me

Contact me at

delrio_andrea@hotmail.com

with Questions, commissions, and comments.